Tuesday, February 8, 2011

fancy canes for my exhibition

on the weekend i worked with a good friend of mine who is a genius glassblower and very talented at pulling fancy twisted canes. he worked with me, teaching me how he does it as we pulled the canes.



at the end of four hours we had pulled nine canes, three canes for the set up and six fancy twisted canes. i love the way these canes look.



these are the fancy canes we pulled, they are so lovely. they will be used in some blown glass pieces that will be in my exhibition.



hopefully i will be able to recall how to do this myself next time i need to but for now this will hopefully get me through for the work i need to make over the next couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh...these are really pretty!!! Can't wait to see what you do with them!