Saturday, November 28, 2009

lime tree

two years ago my friend's parents were visiting around the time of my birthday and they bought me a lime tree. i love limes. they are very expensive so i thought this would be the answer to me living a life rich in limes. unfortunately i have not always lived in a place that was good for limes. and since that first year i have yet to harvest and enjoy a single lime.

the tree lives in a pot so i can move it around with me and it has for the last year and a half been living in a shady area, not the nest situation for citrus but it seems to have adapted to it now.

this year i decided to learn more about citrus growing and it turns out they like lots of food in the growing months, so i diligently went out and bought some citrus food and have been feeding my lime tree religiously the past few months.



and as a result i have my most promising limes yet. this is the biggest one probably 2.5 cm in length. i just noticed it the other day actually.



and i have many more smaller limes that looks strong and hopefully they will become yummy delicious juicy lime fruit too.



up until now they tree would fruit but then it would always fall off but now that i am feeding the tree the limes are sticking and i can't wait to enjoy my first true harvest of limes early next year.


No comments: