Monday, November 9, 2009

in memeroy of my digo

my digo passed away the other day. he was 94.
it was not a surprise, but it was still a sad moment.

this is my favorite image of him and my baba in the garden.
(this is an image of a scan of an original photo. i have printed it out and it hangs on my fridge)



when i think of digo this is how i remember him - in the garden, and smiling.

some of my favorite memories from my childhood are playing in the garden, eating fresh veg and even helping out sometimes picking potato bugs off the plants for a penny each. my memory of growing up and being in their garden is what inspires me today to try and grow my own veggies. perhaps one day i will have a garden as lovely as theirs.

there are many times now when i think back to how they had laid out their garden and organised their planting. i wish i had paid more attention, and asked more questions. i would like to be able to show them my garden now, and get their advice.

so this blog is in memory of my digo (grandpa) Ivan Sharko. it is a sad day when your digo passes away even though he had led a full and productive life.

i am far away from all my family, and recently the distance feels even greater than normal.

i hope my family can find peace with this natural event in life and they know i wish i could be there to reminisce and celebrate digo's life.

i hope that digo knows how much i love him and how much he means to me.

i hope digo is somewhere peaceful and happy.



1 comment:

Michelle Kelly said...

great photo. thats a lot of celery. how is yours going?