Tuesday, June 1, 2010

some more pressies for me

so it was my birthday the other week, and i had a great day going out for my favorite breakfast, and then hanging out at my favorite pub, with some of my favorite people. as an extra special gift my great friend LB at FM travelled half way around the world to see me and hang out for the week of my birthday! we had such a good time and i wish we lived in the same city.

on top of that i was given some really great things, and i wanted to share them with you.



from my borris i was given stephanie alexander's kitchen garden companion book. this lovely book, has a cloth cover and is HUGE.



inside it is like an encyclopedia, you look up your fruit or veg or herb and then you learn the ideal planting an gardening conditions, tips on pests, growing, and harvesting. then on the following pages you get recipes to use these garden grown foods in. while it is not a vegetarian book, most of the recipes are vego and i am really looking forward to using this new garden and cooking tool. thanks love!



my wonderful family (bro, ma and pa) all chipped in and on a whim purchased a food dehydrator for me. i had recently been speaking of my addiction to dried natural mango ($97.00/kg) and i think this new kitchen machine will help me with this. i have yet to try it but i am on the look out for a good bunch of ripe fruit to start with and practice before mango season and before moving onto veg and perhaps even some home made jerky!

thanks guys, come around my place for dried mango this christmas!



my good pal FSF presented me with this amazing present. i had been eyeing off this planter box in her yard for weeks, unknown to me that it was actually there waiting for my birthday! so i would go over and say things like "oh i love those spikey plants all together in that pot. i must do that one day." and then ta-DA it was really mine. thanks for that, i smile each time i look at it.

one last amazing pressie i got just yesterday but i have no image of as it is not assembled yet is a bean bag chair and a lovely flowering cactus from my good pal MK at Fifth Kingdom. i can't wait to get the "beans" to go inside and lounge on my new chair.


birthdays aren't about presents, they are about friends and family, and i did have fun hanging out with my aussie and visiting canadian friends. but i did also miss my canadian family and friends and i hope the rest of you can come and visit one day soon too.

love youse, xc

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh you must have got more than that!? ;)
they are great pressies! i hope youre back is feeling better cant wait to see you soon, netty

dark cloud said...

i did! your lovely bowl that i was already using for salad that day and hadn't washed in time for my photo shoot. i do love it, xc