Monday, September 14, 2009

my excuse...

my excuse for not making any glass lately is my wrist. roughly four years ago i had surgery on my wrist to remove a ganglion cyst. it has been good until recently.



i have had some xrays done and tried some physio and acupuncture to try and alleviate the pain and discomfort. so far nothing has really worked. the acupuncture has helped ease the pain but only for a day or so.



i also had an ultrasound of my wrist done which revealed 3 or 4 very small ganglions. roughly 2 - 3 mm in length. that is small but apparently the wrist joint is very small and even something as small as a grain of rice can cause pain, discomfort and limit the movement of the wrist.



i have an appointment with the hand surgeon tomorrow and fingers crossed i can at least get some advice on what is the best plan to help get me back on the glass and many other activities i find too painful to do right now (like using chopsticks).

2 comments:

rah! said...

poor chookie chook, we can do a repeat of the last surgery and I can force feed you again if you want.

I do like all the arrows though. hope to have something up soon myself!

Anonymous said...

booo, sounds yuck. can you start an art project with your left hand??

e-rays/ultrasound look rad though

xxdebbie