Sunday, June 14, 2009

my new jumper

last week i got a head cold and since then the past seven days have seen me lazing around the house trying to shake this thing. so as a result i have made nothing this week. just before i got sick i had made this jumper, and since then have worn it around the house almost everyday. i love it.



thanks boris for taking this photo. i think the jumper looks ok in the image but in my mind it was so much more than just this simple thing. but it is what it is, i still love wearing it. it is made from some fabric i got last year from catwalk fabrics, a great little shop around the corner from here. its a lovely grey colour and i used an over-locker to put it all together. in all it took roughly an hour from cutting to wearing.



here is a detail of the sleeve. in my jumpers i like really long sleeves, in fact they are probably too long, but i like hiding my hands in them when its chilly out. this slit on the seam lets me still use my hands when needed.



i thought the same detail from the sleeve would be good on the side seam. i
made the jumper longer in the body so that when i ride my bike the back does not ride up and let cold air up my back. i think it looks good and it help with movement and sitting down.

now i just want to make more jumpers. i might try to get to the fabric shop soon because if you can believe it my stash of jumper fabric is now gone.

No comments: