Sunday, March 22, 2009

community clothes rack

well last thursday i finally did it. i went out and installed my reaction to the community bookshelf. the community clothes rack. i had this clothes rack in my house but it wasn't being used so i painted it fluro glow-in-the-dark pink and got some vinyl lettering cut out. this project also gave me the opportunity to go through my own clothes and get rid of some of the stuff i just don't wear anymore.

this is me putting the clothes on the rack on the first day.






i went back today and had a look to make sure the clothes rack was still there, and to see if it was being used. and it was! quite a few of the items i placed there are gone now, and someone has left a men's shirt and tie. so i guess i can say that this project was a success. i ride by every now and again so i will keep an eye on its progress but hopefully it will take on a life of its own now just like the bookshelf and become a well used part of the bike path.